About the Council
How we work
The principal aims of Cheshire West and Chester Council are to:
- Deliver high quality services and a positive customer experience
- Support a thriving and sustainable local economy that benefits local people
- Working collaboratively with communities and our partners to make the maximum difference
- Embracing innovation and delivering value for money
The elected members of the Council
There are 70 elected members of Cheshire West and Chester Council, representing the 46 wards that make up the area.
- 35 Labour Group councillors
- 29 Conservative Group councillors
- 2 Liberal Democrat councillors
- 1 Green Party councillor
- 3 Independent councillors
The 70 councillors will serve until the next elections in 2023
You can find a list of all the Councillors here.
Stonewall Diversity Champions
Cheshire West and Chester Council have been members of the Stonewall Diversity Champions programme since 2012 which shows our commitment to supporting everyone in the workplace regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. Further information about the programme can be found on the Stonewall website.
In both 2017 and 2018, Cheshire West and Chester Council were recognised in the Stonewall Workplace Equality Index Top 100 of the most LGBT inclusive employers in the UK.